Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: Things are not like they used to be.

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Sarge said I was too smart to be a lineman! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I could throw one heckuva forearm though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #52
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    lay off this pv group


    lotta adversity, SUPPOSEDLY a rebuilding run, and made four straight region D championship games, only lost to GC one.

    im EXTREMELY glad and supportive of this senior class.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    The hands/arms part goes back to what beast was saying, staying low and driving is alot easier on a smaller lineman because they usually dont have the 350 bench press to make the hands/arms approach useful.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    You can't please some people. Especially those "fans" that never played or were never part of all of those great championship teams. Watching from 50 yards away makes them experts though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #55
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blue52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The hands/arms part goes back to what beast was saying, staying low and driving is alot easier on a smaller lineman because they usually dont have the 350 bench press to make the hands/arms approach useful. </div></div>

    I completely agree. 99.9% of HS lineman around here need to be in a 3 pt stance all the time.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #56
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Bingo!!! we have a winner!
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #57
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Id also think it would help a smaller quicker lineman to already be low, because they can use quickness and being in a 2pt stance would probably encourage getting back on your heels.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    If I'm a D lineman lined up against an O lineman who is standing straight up, my mouth is watering. Cuz, when the ball is snapped he's taking a forearm to the bread basket and when he's off balance he'll be put on his a$$...Low hat wins...has since the day the game was invented, and still hasn't changed.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    You have to work with what you have. PV didn't have the personel to run a power offense. I would have loved to seen them run a slit back veer similar to what Middlesboro KY runs.
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  10. #60
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Do you really think that from 83-01 that PV had the personnell custom made for the I year in and year out???...no, but they managed, and had some continuity, and it was good for 8 titles...If it ain't broke, why fix it ??
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •